04:44 14 Jan 2015
What are the Top Ten Causes of Workplace Injury?
Source: Claims Journal
Overexertion and falls account for more than $25 billion in workers compensation costs in the U.S., according to Liberty Mutual Research Institute for Safety’s 2014 Workplace Safety Index.
According to Liberty Mutual Research Institute for Safety’s 2014 Workplace Safety Index, the top 10 causes to workplace injury are:
1. Overexertion $15.1B 25.3%
2. Falls on same level $9.19B 15.4%
3. Struck by object or equipment $5.3B 8.9%
4. Falls to lower level $5.12B 8.6%
5. Other exertions or bodily reactions $4.27B 7.2%
6. Roadway incidents involving motorized land vehicle $3.18B 5.3%
7. Slip or trip without fall $2.17B 3.6%
8. Caught in/compressed by equipment or objects $2.1B 3.5%
9. Repetitive motions involving micro-tasks $1.84B 3.1%
10. Struck against object or equipment $1.76B 2.9%
View Full Article: http://www.claimsjournal.com/news/national/2015/01/14/260196.htm