The MSD Concern
WorkWell offers solutions for your employee's musculoskeletal (soft tissue) ailments whether work or non-work related. MSD claims are an enormous cost burden for employers. These costs are composed of direct medical expense for care and treatment as well as indirect costs related to loss of productivity from absenteeism.
Why are Musculoskeletal Disorders (soft tissue injuries) so costly to employers?
- Soft tissue injuries are the leading cause of workplace injuries and lost time.
- The average cost of a workplace injury/illness is $30,000.
- Approximately 35-50% of all workforce injuries are related to soft tissues (MSD).
- Musculoskeletal Disorder Injuries (MSD) account for more healthcare spending than any other single health condition.
- MSD composes the largest single category of workplace injury, accounting for as many as 35% of all occupational injuries.
- MSD problems also result in a significant decrease in sub-optimal workforce productivity due to health conditions (“presenteeism”).
The WorkWell Difference:
Fully integrated Products, Support and Service Make WorkWell the Smart Choice.